AAOS Annual Meeting On Demand
Serving our profession to provide the highest quality musculoskeletal care.
Keeping the world in motion through the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
Date of Release: March 7, 2018
Program End Date: March 6, 2020
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) 2018 Annual Meeting On Demand is for the benefit of orthopaedic surgeons and related allied health care professionals.
Overall Learning Objectives for AAOS 2018 Annual Meeting On Demand
• Develop and refine a perspective on the broad range of orthopaedic knowledge, care and surgical practice.
• Expand and integrate an understanding of the scientific and clinical tenets of orthopaedic surgery to better prevent and treat musculoskeletal disease.
• Develop an understanding of economic and practice management challenges that can lead to strategies that protect continued access to care for patients and viability of the profession.
• Provide a forum to strengthen professional relationships and develop networks that lead to better patient care, individual surgeon career satisfaction, and a more robust profession as a whole.
• To facilitate a personalized educational experience through a comprehensive offering of instructional courses, symposia, and scientific presentations.
• Support a forum for discussion of current issues in orthopaedics including patient safety, advocacy, practice management, technology, and culturally competent care.
• Offer complementing formats to facilitate career-long education that meets the expectations and requirements of patients, colleagues and Maintenance of Certification.
• To provide a forum for the presentation of basic and clinical research with current as well as future potential applications in the management of patients with musculoskeletal disease or injury.
• Synthesize a basis for the practice of delivering evidence-based, cost effective orthopaedic care, both patient-centered and population based.
• Integrate current basic science, translational research, and state-of-the art procedures and technology into clinical practice.
• Become more informed and involved in advocacy issues related to orthopaedics.
• To provide a forum for resident education on current clinical practice, relevant basic science, practice management, and advocacy issues in preparation for careers as competent and ethical orthopaedic surgeons.
Learning Objectives for AAOS 2018 Annual Meeting On Demand CME Sessions
Learning objectives for each session are available by clicking the CME Info link for each CME-accredited session. CME Info for each session will be automatically displayed before viewing a CME-credit eligible session.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons designates this enduring material for a maximum of 104 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAOS 2018 Annual Meeting On Demand Planning Committee/Staff disclosures can be found here
AAOS 2018 Annual Meeting On Demand faculty disclosures can be found online at AAOS Disclosure Website
Method of Participation and CME Certificate
This AAOS 2018 Annual Meeting On Demand product includes over 500 hours of lectures/sessions recorded at AAOS Annual Meeting 2018. You can browse/search the content by Day, Session, Presentation or Presenter.
This product includes selected sessions that are eligible for CME credit. To view which sessions are CME-Eligible, select Browse by CME Eligible. You must be online and logged in to AAOS 2018 Annual Meeting On Demand to claim AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit™.
To receive CME credit for this product, you must:
1. Purchase the product
2. View the CME info (including Overall Objectives and Disclosure information) and session-specific Learning
3. Watch the CME-eligible sessions of your choosing. You must watch all presentations in a session before completing the post-test.
4. Complete the Post-Test by clicking the CME Test button next to the session name above the presentation viewing window. You must score 100% on the post-test to receive credit, but you will have the opportunity to re-take questions that you missed.
5. Generate and print your CME certificate. Please note: Individual session CME credits for AAOS Members will be uploaded to their AAOS Online CME transcript within 24 hours.
Note: You must watch the entire session and complete the post-test to receive credit for the session. However, you do not have to view all presentations in the session and complete the test at the same time. You can take a test at any time after watching a session. The CME certificate generated will be cumulative and will list all sessions/tests completed.
Medium or Combination of Media Used
AAOS 2018 Annual Meeting On Demand is available in the following formats:
• Online access with downloadable MP3 and PDF files
• Hard Drive
• Drive Mobile version for most tablets and smartphones
Please see AAOS.OnDemand.org for the most current list of system requirements.
For Customer Support, contact support@OnDemand.org or Toll Free: (800) 501-2303 (U.S.A. only)
AAOS Contact Information
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
9400 W Higgins Road
Rosemont, IL 60018-4975
This website is provided by Learner’s Digest International LLC.